Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What to do with all that zucchini???




Here are some of my favorite zucchini recipes....

First up...Zucchini boats


We got our first, very large zucchini from our garden this year.
(If I was more on my game, I would have actually taken a picture of it)  
But, I didn't, so here it is cut in half.

I made zucchini boats out of it last night.

I first cut my large zucchini in half length wise.
I then scooped out all the pulp.

I used 1 1/2 zucchini's for 4 of us
One of my kiddoes was off to "Aunt camp"
There was even enough left over for 2 slices for me for lunch, (we have light eaters at our house)

This was the final, yummilicious zucchini boats.
They taste like pizza
Even my pickiest eater likes them


Ingredients:

1/4 of a zucchini per person (or double that, my family are very light eaters)
1 TBL olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup Parmesean cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
3 TBL chopped fresh basil
salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 350
Spray 13x9 inch pan with nonstick spray
Use a small spoon to scrape out the insides of each zucchini half - the pulp. Don't scrape the zucchini all the way to the skin- just make a deep pocket where you'll be able to put the stuffing. 
Save the pulp and chop it.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini pulp &garlic. 
Cook together 4 to 6 minutes.  Drain out excess moisture. 
Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
In a small bowl, mix the cheeses together. 
Remove two tablespoons of the cheese and set aside. Add the rest of the cheese to the mixture, along with basil. Add salt and pepper, as desired.
***original recipe calls for adding marina sauce, but I haven't tried that yet**
Divide mixture between the hollowed out zucchini, filling and mounding into each one. 
Set the stuffed zucchini into the prepared pan and sprinkle the reserved cheese on top.
Bake 30 minutes, or until baked through and tender.


- - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -

Here are a few more pics I have made from zucchini:
       (you will have to post in the comments for the request of the recipe:)


Zucchini Canoes


Zucchini Crisps

Zucchini tots

What fabulous zucchini recipes do you have to share? 
Please post them in the comments.


I always want to give credit:  the original zucchini boats receipe came from here:  http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/02/13/stuffed-zucchini-boats/

No comments:

Post a Comment