Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Potatoes & Garlic


I made these for lunch on Sunday.  I was afraid to save making them for dinner in case they didn't turn out.
They turned out yummilicious, I will say.




They are called Hasselback Potatoes.
I guess Hasselback are a certain type of potatoes.
I have never heard of or seen them, therefore I didn't use Hasselback Potatoes.
I used little red potatoes, probably not the best to use, but it is all I had and it worked for ME.



I did not specify how many potatoes.  It all depends on your appetite and size of potato you are using.
I also did not specify how much garlic.  The original recipe calls for 6 potatoes and 2-3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
I used minced garlic and I would say put as little or as much as you want.  
I probably used 1 garlic clove per potato, and these were 'little red.'

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425
Put the potatoes on a chopping board.
Cut slices across the length of the potato, but do not cut all the way through.
(as you can see in the pic above, one of my slices fell off on the end. )

Arrange on baking pan
Insert garlic in between the slits.
Pour melted butter over top of all the potatoes
Then drizzle olive oil over top.
Sprinkle with salt & pepper

Bake for about 40 minutes until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.









Here is the original link:
http://www.seasaltwithfood.com/2009/05/hasselback-potatoes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment