Thursday, January 2, 2014

Spaghetti with a twist.....


My friend recently made this recipe....it sounded yummy.
I knew I had to try it.
Today was the 2nd time I have left the house since two days before xmas.
I have been stuck on the couch with a pinched nerve.....but am feeling much better now.
Time to start this new year!
Time to move on!
Time to start cooking!

I did some Target shopping and picked up some fresh sour cream, cottage cheese and cream cheese for this lovely recipe.


Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1 can spaghetti sauce
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
8 oz cottage cheese
1 stick of butter
Minced garlic
8 oz of thin spaghetti noodles, cooked
shredded cheese of choice, I like to use mozzarella, but the original recipe uses cheddar.





Boil your noodles.
Brown your ground beef.
I added several garlic cloves, salt & pepper and parsley to the beef.
Add the spaghetti class.
Mix all your cheeses, except the cheddar/mozzarella, together in a bowl.

Add slices of butter to the bottom of your dish.



Put 1/2 a layer of noodles on the bottom of your pan on top of the butter slices.
Spread the cheesy mixture on top.
Add the 2nd half of noodles on top of the creamy mixture.
Layer more butter slices.
Pour the meat mixture on top of that and spread around.


Preheat your oven to 350.
Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
After that, spread the shredded cheese around.  I used a mixture of Mozzarella & Cheddar in the pictures.
Bake for 15 more minutes.

I put it on Broil for 5.5 seconds....might have over done it.
Yummy--none the less!!!



Any my kids liked it.
That's always a plus!






11 comments: