Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Asparagus Parmigiano


I never realized how pretty asparagus was.
I was looking for inspiration for a photo prompt for my 'photo a day' on Instagram - the word was "half," and as I was prepping my asparagus for dinner and breaking off the asparagus stalks, I saw the pretty purple triangles on the stalk - the other half.
Isn't it pretty?


Here is what you will need to create this flavorful dish.
And by flavorful, I mean my girls LOVE it.
That always makes it a top recipe for me.

A bunch or 2 of asparagus



3/4 cup of sour cream

2 tsp lemon juice

1/2 cup Parmesean cheese
+
1 tsp salt

Mix it together (minus the asparagus) in a bowl
Cook the asparagus (I cook mine in a pampered chef steamer and hit the fresh vegetable button on my microwave)
Cook the sour cream mixture in a saucepan; heat slowy, but do not boil.



 Arrange the cooked asparagus on a platter and top with the cream sauce.
Sprinkle paprika as a garnish, if you would like.  
I forgot.


Ingredients:
Fresh asparagus
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Parmesean cheese
2 tsps lemon juice
1 tsp salt

Directions:
Cook asparagus and drain.
Combine sour cream, cheese, lemon juice and salt in a saucepan.
Heat slowly, but do not boil.
Arrange asparagus on a platter.
Top with cream sauce.
Sprinkle with paprika. *optional





**This recipe is from my Virginia Hospitality cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment