Monday, November 3, 2014

Using Rhonna Designs Magic

I have been using the Rhonna Designs App for over a year now, playing around with photos and having fun.
But now Rhonna has a Rhonna Designs Magic App.  Let me tell you….it does create magic.

 With this photo, I started out using the Rhonna Designs app using one of her backgrounds, the black chalkboard.  I added in several elements and the wording "Believe" & Sprinkle Your Magic"
I then toggled back into the Rhonna Designs Magic app and added the coloring changes, the wording texture at the bottom and the scribbly edges & then **Magic** of blending in my photo onto of all that.  Doesn't it look like the sun is dripping?  That wasn't Rhonna magic, that was probably my hand moving when I took the photo.  Ha!
Let me mention that I toggled between the apps…..that means they work together.  I don't have to save photo and then open it up in another app and then save again.
With that said, if you want to reuse a design I would suggest saving it before adding more details.  I do wish I had saved the black chalkboard with the designs I had started with.  Lesson learned:)

Here are the apps--the original Rhonna Designs app on the left and the Magic on the right.

I thought it would be fun to show some of my original photos and then the edits I did using Rhonna Designs Magic edits.
But….shhhh….don't tell anyone.  This is kind of like giving away some of my secrets.

This is a photo I took at a little stop on the side of the road.  The girls and I fell in love with the flowers on the lilly pads.  I didn't have my good camera with me, so this is what I got.

I brought it into the Rhonna app, angled it differently, added the colors, filters, text and some texture.
Voila!!!
……and I like to make a monthly photo marker, so I added in the "september" text







I even went a step further with this one and brought it into the Retouch app to get rid of that little pesky leaf on the right hand side.  When I "squared" the photo in IG, it was in my way.  Begone leaf!!



As you can see in the original photo, the natural bokeh was there.  I am not good at adding fake bokeh into photos, but I love it when others do.
But it helped that it was already there and just worked beautifully when I added "Rhonna's magic"

There is an eraser tool that after I add Rhonna's magical colors which tones down the whole photo, I then go back and erase that over certain parts.  
Like in the photo above, I still wanted the flower part to pop out.
It's not as bright as the original, but it still shows some pink.

I love my sunflowers, but this one had too much green for me, so I sprinkled some magic on it and made the sunflower pop.


This was probably one of my first macro shots with my new olloclip.
I saved it for a long time, not really knowing what to do with it.
Then one day…the right photo prompt came, added rdmagic to it, and it made such a difference.



This may be one that the original looked prettier, but it was still fun to play around with.





This flower shot is one of my favorites.
We were at my in-laws house, so I had lots to look around and photograph.  
I decided this flower needed a sky background.  So I laid down on the ground, aiming my camera up at the sky, when my father-in-law happened to walk by.  He says "I am not even going to ask."
That quote makes it even more a fav.

Thanks for looking, ya'll!!
xoxo Tracey










4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the rhonna and rd magic apps, so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ... what incredible compositions ... your work is always so inspirational! Thank you so much for linking up to "app" happy wednesday! Hope to see you next week too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb. So sweet of you to say. I already have my post ready to link for next week too.

      Delete