Friday, June 28, 2013

Pasta...mushroom....yummy sauce



I was craving some yummy meals....they both required white wine.  I didn't have any.
I know, those of you that know me, are SHOCKED that I didn't have any white wine.
Now, lets be clear, I didn't say I didn't have wine, I said I didn't have WHITE wine. 

So, I had to forgo those meal ideas and make zucchini (fresh from the garden) with garlic, shrimp in a delish sauce, bread and orzo.
My oldest daughter cut up the zucchini, while the youngest one set the table.  Love the family working together.
-----------------------------------

So, the next day (after recreating my 4th of July blog that somehow disappeared) & a play date at the park with friends, we stopped at the store to get some WHITE wine & a few other accoutrements.

I made this delicious meal with pasta/mushrooms/parmesean cheese/white wine/cream & garlic (of course), marinated cucumber salad (fresh from the garden), and Parker House dinner rolls.
My oldest daughter had at least 4 helpings of the pasta (I will admit she only ate mushrooms on the first helping).  My middle daughter probably had 4 helpings of the bread....that girl loves bread.



cucumbers & tomatoes marinated with red wine vinegar, topped with fresh basil


My oldest daughter made brownies
She helps out in the kitchen alot, but I don't usually give her free reign.
This time I did, just to see what she could do

I won't tell you that she asked whether they should be cooked on top or inside.
I won't tell you she almost knocked over my cloches on top of my counter while trying to pump my olive oil sprayer.
I also won't tell you that she tried to put whipping cream on top of the brownies immediately after they came out of the oven.

I will tell you they were delicious & moist
She added whipping cream and blueberries and served them to her sisters after dinner

And that's it, neither dinner was too shabby, I would say.  
But, when a girl is craving a meal, she should get what she wants.
And she did, only a day later


Recipe:
I used egg noodles (half a box or so)
2 TBL butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
white wine
3/4 to 1 cup whipping cream
3 tbsp grated Parmesan
pkg of bella mushrooms (original
sea salt and black pepper

Bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt and pasta and cook
Chop mushrooms and garlic (I kept mine whole and used my garlic press)
Melt butter with oil in a large pan, add garlic
Add mushrooms, salt and pepper
Cook for about 10 minutes
Add a splash of wine and simmer until evaporated
Add cream and Parmesan
Simmer until it has thickened
Add drained pasta to your sauce & Mix together
Serve with Parmesan on top

Here is the original recipe:
http://www.realitalianfoodies.com/recipes/pasta-with-mushroom-white-wine-and-cream/


2 comments: