Friday, November 8, 2013

Fall banner



I don't have too many Fall decorations, I like to decorate for Halloween more.
But, sadly it is over and I had to take all my decorations down.

So, I made this Fall banner today to add in a little Fall flavor.

I used 3 types of paper...
     one was more of a white burlap, thick and it unravels 
     one was a creme paper in transcript
     one was a darker paper with more transcript and swirls
I used 12x12  paper
I folded it in half, trimmed several inches off and then cut it at the bottom to make the banner style
I had twine that  I clipped each banner piece to so that it stretched the entire length
I then taped (I know, classy right?) it to my shelf


My original idea was to put it on my mantel because I missed my Halloween one so much.
.........


But, I didn't really decorate my living room for Fall like I did my dining room, so I decided to put it in there instead.







I put the banner in one place, hanging off my shelf.....
on the shelf, but in a scattered position



took it down......put it in another spot.
on the chalkboard-----looked too flat


took that down, put it in the first place, but  in a different position





Then added another banner on the top shelf



Then I changed out the centerpiece because I thought it might be too busy




I then later took the top banner  down and added it to my original place on my mantel.....but put it above on the window instead of on the mantel as I did for  Halloween.


I then had to go make a mini banner from my paper scraps for my kitchen table.



OK. Done.  That was a long post for one little banner.  Ok two little banners.  + a mini



But...if you feel like weighing in....tell me if you like the first position 

or the 2nd position


Don't forget to follow me on
The link is at the top right of this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment