Sunday, November 3, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas


You have to make these Chicken Enchiladas.

I have made chicken enchiladas with a white sauce and green chiles, but  my girls have never been fans, just the hubby & I.

But these.....my girls loved them.  My husband would have eaten ALL of them if we hadn't asked him to nicely share with us.

They were that GOOD & SIMPLE.

What's best about them is you can make ahead of time and then pop them in the oven when you are ready for dinner.  You could also double the recipe and freeze them as well.

You will need shredded Chicken.
(I always get a baked chicken from Sam's and shred that puppy up.  So moist and inexpensive!

Mix the chicken with shredded cheddar cheese and 1/2 the enchilada sauce.
Now, if you are crazy, and I am not, feel free to add onion.  None in mine of course.

Stir together.
Put big scoops on a flour tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in a glass baking dish.



Pour the other half of the can of enchilada sauce over top.


Sprinkle more shredded cheddar cheese on top of the sauce.



Either pop in a 350 degree oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Or throw in in your fridge/freezer and save for later.

Lastly, Enjoy!

This makes about 5, so double if you need more.  Which you probably will!
I made 4 with an extra stackable tortilla cup thingy we are trying for the first time.  I ran out of tortillas, which was a shame since I had just returned from the store.  


FYI - this is a picture of the "stackable tortilla cup thingy"

Ahhh....oh well!  One of my eaters won't be home for dinner anyway.  The hubby just won't get leftovers.











1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
1 can (9oz) Enchilada sauce
1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
5 Tortillas, flour
****Optional----Sour Cream, Lettuce, Cilantro, Bean, Rice, Onions





Mix shredded chicken, cheese and enchilada sauce (1/2 can) in a bowl.
Spread onto tortillas.
Roll up, place seam side down in a baking dish.
Pour the other 1/2 of the enchilada sauce on top.
Sprinkle more cheddar cheese over top.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.




Original source:  http://happymoneysaver.com/chicken-enchiladas-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment