Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fun Food - Trix on a Stick




I made these for my youngest daughter's birthday party.  They were a big hit.
I want to try chocolate rice krispies next, perhaps mixed with regular rice Krispies to mingle the colors.  YUM!!

It's similar to making Rice Krispies treats...

  1 box of Trix cereal
  1 bag of small marshmallows
1 stick of butter
1 pkg of popsicle sticks or cake pop sticks

In a microwave safe bowl, add 1 pkg of small marshmallows and 3 Tbs of butter.
Cook for 3 minutes on high
(If you butter your spatula it makes stirring  much easier.)
Add about 3/4 of the box of Trix cereal to the bowl and stir well.









Let the Trix mix cool for about 10 minutes
{The balls stick together better when the marshmallow has cooled a bit.}
While you're waiting, butter a pan to place the finished balls on.
When you're ready to start, butter your hands so the mixture doesn't stick to you either.
Grab a handful of Trix mix, roll it into a firm ball in your hand, then stick a stick in the middle of it.
Place on a pan to set




I think this is where I got the original link:

http://keephomesimple.blogspot.com/2010/08/trix-on-stix.html

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I could make these for my students without breaking the bank. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon - yes fun and inexpensive :)

    ReplyDelete